The Gateway Savings Account
Open A High Yield Savings Account Today And Watch Your Savings Grow.
When it comes to savings, a higher interest rate is a game changer. Put your future first with our high-yield Savings Account and earn more than 20x the national average*. Whether you’re saving for long-term goals down the road, or emergency funds for peace of mind, you can easily bank from anywhere, anytime.
- Earn over 20x the national average*
- Low minimum deposit ($10)
- Easy to open
- Bank digitally from anywhere
- No monthly service fees
The calculator is for illustrative purposes only and may not apply to your individual circumstances. Calculated values assume that principal and interest remain on deposit and are rounded down to the nearest dollar. All APYs are subject to change.
How to Get Started
Start saving for your future in a matter of minutes.
Click Open an Account
Easily navigate our secure online account opening process.
Provide two forms of identification
Have your social security number and driver’s license handy.
Make a deposit
Link to your bank account to transfer funds and start saving!
Resume Your Application
- Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 4/4/20
- APY only available to consumers
- APY may change after the account is opened
- Fees could reduce earnings on the account
- $10 minimum deposit to open
- *The rate of our consumer savings account is over 20 times the national average published in the FDIC Weekly National Rates and Rate Caps as of March 23, 2020
- Withdrawals and/or transfers by ACH, automatic, or telephone transfer are limited to six (6) within a statement cycle
- A debit item fee of $1.00 will be charged for each debit in excess of three (3) during a statement cycle
- Consumer deposit accounts not available in the following states: Alaska, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
What’s the minimum deposit amount to open my Savings Account?
Are there any fees to open my Savings Account?
No, not one!
What do I need to apply online?
You must be 18 years or older, be a U.S. citizen or resident, and have a Social Security number to apply online. If you are not eligible to apply online, you may still be able to apply over the phone. If you have questions, call 800.329.3371 and one of our ambassadors can assist you.
Is Gateway First Bank insured by the FDIC?
Gateway First Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). That means you can rest assured knowing each depositor at Gateway is insured up to at least $250,000.
Is your money safe, secure, and working for you?
When it comes to savings, a higher interest rate is a game changer. Put your future first with our high-yield Savings Account and earn more than 18x the national average*. Whether you’re saving for long-term goals down the road, or emergency funds for peace of mind, you can easily bank from anywhere, anytime.
1.75% Annual Percentage Yield